The significant global demand for prime quality industrial space continues to drive the value of Goodman’s development work in progress, which rose to $1.9 billion over the 2012 financial year.
We have 68 development projects underway across all of our established operating markets around the world on behalf of 58 customers and equating to 1.5 million sqm of new logistics and business space. Following our recent entry into North America, we will shortly commence the development of a new 34,800 sqm warehouse on a 19 acre (7.7 hectare) site at Oakland in the San Francisco Bay area.
During the year, Goodman delivered 1.3 million sqm of new space across 50 projects on behalf of 38 customers. Developments completed in the 2012 financial year include:
- the 225,413 sqm Goodman Interlink warehouse and distribution development in Hong Kong;
- two facilities of approximately 108,000 sqm each at Rheinberg and Graben in Germany on behalf of Amazon;
- an 82,895 sqm distribution centre for leading wholesale distribution and marketing company, Metcash in Sydney;
- a 62,951 sqm facility for DB Schenker in Leipzig, Germany;
- in Saint-Mard, France, a 50,122 sqm logistics centre for leading food retailer, Casino Group;
- a 45,810 sqm production facility for car manufacturer, Volkswagen in Hannover, Germany;
- in Perth, a 41,597 sqm facility for beverage manufacturer and distributor, Coca-Cola Amatil;
- a 20,530 sqm distribution centre for automotive parts and equipment retailer, Supercheap Auto in New Zealand; and
- in the United Kingdom, a 9,160 sqm divisional headquarters for Greater Manchester Police.